While there is no particular theme to the conference, SEPES encourages participants to engage with philosophical ideas concerning education at various levels. Topics for submissions might include, but are not limited to, the following:
- the role of philosophy in clarifying the relationship of school to society;
- democracy and education;
- issues of diversity, equity, and commonality in education;
- educational policy;
- school reform;
- methodological approaches in educational research;
- neoliberalism, neoconservatism, and conservative modernization in education;
- education in the Anthropocene;
- contemporary theory in education;
- the integration of theory and practice.
Submissions are accepted September 1st through the deadline, MIDNIGHT (EST) on OCTOBER 13, 2017.