We at the AERA Division D Graduate Student Council (GSC) want you to get involved with Division D! If you are a graduate student, we strongly encourage you to consider applying for the following positions.
We are seeking applicants for:
• Division D GSC Member
• Division D Graduate Student Liaison
• Division D Junior Representative to AERA GSC
In addition to the Division D GSC positions above, several other Division D committees are seeking motivated graduate students! The following Division D committees are seeking one graduate student member. The term length for the following seven positions is only one year.
- Annual Meeting Luncheon and Business Meeting Committee — 1 student. Committee members plan and organize all activities associated with the Division D Annual Meeting Luncheon and Business Meeting.
- Annual Meeting Program Committee — 1 student. Committee members Provide oversight for the development of a scholarly Division D Program conducted as part of the AERA’s Annual Meeting and support general efforts of AERA’s program.
- Committee on Equity and Inclusion — 1 student. Committee members promote the affirmative action mission and goals of the AERA, implement activities in support of facilitating outreach efforts within Division D, promote and monitor diversity in Division activities, and represent the Division on the Association’s Affirmative Action Council.
- Early Career Award Committee — 1 student in measurement. Committee members recognize emerging scholars in the field of educational research and methodology.
- Editorial Committee — 1 student. Committee members support Division D’s communication efforts by producing a minimum of two newsletters each year and by updating the Division D Website with information about the Division and articles of interest to the membership.
- Graduate Student Seminar Committee — 1 student. Committee members provide outreach to Division D and other interested graduate students through educational activities such as a yearly seminar held at the annual meeting.
- Membership Committee — 1 student. Committee members implement activities designed to reach out and to inform individuals about the many benefits of membership in Division D with the goals of recruiting and maintaining members.
To apply for any of the committees listed in this call, please complete the following application form by Saturday, March 11th, 11:59pm PST: https://kansasedu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_74bhnumlAp4XsCp
The application form requires:
1. Contact information
2. The position(s) you are applying for
3. A very brief statement of interest
(i.e., why you are interested in serving in this position, or what you hope to
learn, or how you hope to help your fellow graduate students, etc.)
4. Your current and up-to-date CV
Full details about all of the positions can be found in the attached pdf. Please note that the deadline for these applications is 11:59 PST on Saturday, March 11. We strongly encourage all interested people to apply, and please share this information with anyone you know who might be interested. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Christopher Runyon & James Mason
Division D Senior & Junior Representatives