The top nine proposals will be asked to give a 5-minute presentation of their work during the Gala. Three winners will be chosen by a combination of proposal ratings and live assessment by the professional researchers attending the event! Winners will present during a special session during the next year’s annual meeting.
We invite you to submit a proposal in the following methodological approaches:
❖ Educational Measurement, Psychometrics, and Assessment;
❖ Statistical Theory and Quantitative Methodologies;
❖ Qualitative Methodologies; or
❖ Multiple and Mixed Methodologies.
The body of your proposal submission should be no longer than six single-spaced pages of 12-point font with 1” margins on all sides. This does not include references, tables, figures, or appendices. The appendices should only be used to provide supplemental information like scales or measures that are pertinent to your research; they should not be used to include substantial parts of the submission that did not fit in the body due to space limitations.
The body of your proposal submission should include the following :
- ➢ Abstract : A brief summary of your research project, as would be submitted in a manuscript. Please make sure that the goal of the research is specifically stated, as this will provide immediate context for the reviewers, and allow them to provide better feedback for your proposal.
- ➢ Introduction: Provide the necessary information to describe the context of your work. For additional guidance in crafting this section, see the “Introduction” section of the APA Publication Manual (Section 2.05, pages 27 & 28). Be sure to include the most relevant previous research on the topic (if applicable). Due to space limitations, a full literature review would not be appropriate nor necessary.
- ➢ Research Questions: Clearly state your specific research questions and the aim of the study for the reviewer. Proposal reviewers will be asked to evaluate the appropriateness of your methods given your research questions, so we ask that you make these explicit in the proposal.
- ➢ Methods: How are you going to answer you research question? Detail all of the anticipated steps necessary to complete your research. This should include sufficient detail for the reviewer to carry out your study.
- ➢ Anticipated / Preliminary Results: What do you expect to happen in your study, if this can possibly be known? What results do you have so far? (Note: it is not necessary to have preliminary results to submit a proposal.)
- ➢ Impact / Importance of Research: Why are you doing this research? What is the broader impact or applicability of your research? How will this help others or advance research in your field?
- ➢ Limitations / Future Research: What subsequent studies will your research inspire? What aspects of your study could be changed to provide more information on a relevant research question? (We can’t always include all of the study conditions we’d like!)
Complete your proposal submission for the Div D In-Progress Research Gala today by clicking the following link: https://tinyurl.com/DivDGala2018
This is a Google Form to which you will attach your proposal as a PDF.
Proposal Due Date: Saturday, January 27, 2018, 11:59 P.M. PST Anticipated Notification Date: Friday, March 2, 2018
No late submissions will be accepted.
One proposal per student, please. If you submit more than once, we will use the most recent. You may revise your submitted proposal at any time before the deadline.
You will receive an automatic confirmation upon successful submission. If you have submitted a proposal but have not received confirmation, please email email@example.com with your concern and we will help as soon as possible. Additionally, if you have any questions about the proposal or submission process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and allow a few days for us to respond.